Friday 24 October 2014

Letter to Lewis Carroll

Alice Liddell
Mirabili 
Room 7(Exactly where you left me)
You monster

Mr L. Carrol (The betrayer)
4 Horseman's way
Apartment building 13

Dear Mr Carrol
The Dormouse said that I should send you a letter to apologize for my previous behaviour. I am not going to do that, it is a stupid idea proposed by a stupid man. Instead I am going to tell you exactly why I will never forgive you and people like you.
Firstly you are a man, and you seem to think like all men do and assume that as a woman I should be happy to be used by you for whatever you want to do. That is not acceptable at all, I am not going to be one of you little toys, and I am not going to let you use me. 
Secondly you are a betrayer of trusts, I told you about what I go through because you said that you understand and that you wished to learn what I thought about daily in hopes of helping other people. I  was reluctant to trust you, after all you had done many things to me to make me wonder if you have honour, but you were gentler than many of the male nurses so I thought that perhaps if I told you about these things you would be satisfied. It was not so, you were just as much of a man as the other ones were and it is not really surprising when I look back upon it.
Thirdly when you had betrayed me further and written that horrid mess you call a book you had come to me as if for approval. You brought me a copy of your little leather bound book as if you wanted me to be happy about it, but there was no reason for me to be content with your actions, you just killed my monsters and replaced them with candy floss constructs without any menace at all.
Finally you talked to the Dormouse as if it was my fault that I was angry at you and that it was not at all due to your betrayal, and you watched as they called Mother to deal with me grinning all the while. You are not worthy of any forgiveness, not from a sane person, and especially not from me.
With sincerest hatred
Alice

Physician's notes
Alice has written yet another note to Mr Carroll, I do not think she is aware of the fact that we do not send these correspondences to him. It is not acceptable to send angry letters from a madwoman to a man of Mr Carroll's position, especially considering the fact that he is one of our most generous benefactors. I have stopped reading these notes at this point and just burn them so that they can not bother anyone ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment