Wednesday 10 September 2014

Physician's notes

Physician's notes
Alice's delusions have caused her to make up strange names for the different people around her. I feel it is best for me to make a list of them so that I may understand her rantings later. This may not be accurate, but at least it is a start at unravelling her delusions and may assist in my treatment of her.

She calls the head nurse Queen, reading Mr Carroll's book has lead me to question whether she is the white queen or the red queen, after all depending on how she views the woman we can predict her behaviour and possibly help her.

The nurses can have different names, I still do not understand why. Some of the nurses have the name of Chessmen, there seem to be no gender distinctions almost as if she sees them as the same person. The others are called Cards, they are also not given a gender distinction so I do not see what distinguishes them from each other.

The kitten she has adopted is given the term of the Cheshire Cat. I wonder if she views it as a personification of one of her more benign delusions and for that reason she is able to interact well with it and cares for it so much.

This note will be updated as I discover more about her interactions with people and try to discover why she calls people what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment