Thursday 25 September 2014

Food Review

Review for the cafeteria here in the hospital
By Alice Liddell
I am no longer going to put up with the deplorable state of the nutritional substances that I am forced to consume here in this place. The horrible food does nothing to dilute the bitter taste of the laudanum that I am forced to take and some days just make it worse.
For breakfast today we were forced once again to eat the abomination that serves as oatmeal. Here is a picture of it in all it's cardboard tasting glory.
This substance has the consistency of wet paper and probably the same nutritional content. I think they just get it from the leftover portions in the bowls and serve it to us the next day. The orange juice they serve with it is filled with pulp and seems to have bits of peel floating in it. The queen says that it is healthy and good for us, but I see her eating the cakes off to the side and if it was so good for us she would probably be eating it as well.



This sad little thing is what passes for a sandwich in here, it is probably made from the weeds in the little pot in the dormouse's office. I would bet that the reason it is considered healthy for us is because they think that just because something is natural it is good for you. I would rather take laudanum without any sugar or water to wash it down than I would eat this thing. I suppose they think that the massive amount of vegetable mush they made it out of would make us forget about the fact that breakfast was just cardboard and orange juice, but it just serves to make us angrier. The Mad Hatter decided that this food would serve better as a hat, and the ensuing food fight  did not do anything to endear her to the cards and the chessmen. She is now in the sedation area, and I suppose she is probably resting and dreaming of hats.

I do not know what new nutrition based warfare they have planned for us for supper, but I do not know if I will be able to stomach much more of this. I think the best thing for me to do now is to start a rebellion against the people in the kitchen in hopes of getting better food. The Cheshire cat and I have already started getting members in our army, only one general has joined so far though and he is being uncooperative when it comes to wearing the uniform. We do have many foot soldiers though, and they are infiltrating this place rather successfully.

Physician's notes
Alice was quite busy today, she has apparently decided that the food is not satisfactory here and wants to start a rebellion. She announced this to me before going off to do what she calls "recruiting" which at this point seems to be her taking caterpillars and attempting to place paper hats on their head so that they are high ranking members of her "army". This has so far been unsuccessful, especially since she has only found one caterpillar. The number of tiny paper hats littering to corridors are a bit alarming, I am wondering if she is somehow releasing mice into the hospital or if it is just another one of her delusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment